Thursday, March 11, 2010

My name is Jackie... and I have a problem.....

No seriously I have a problem, but I am recognizing that before it gets out of hand..... I know alot of my fellow applicants kno what I am talking about.... its the addiction in PCJ and PC wiki....

I have noticed that alot of people have been posting that they have been obsessing over finding out the whens and wheres of their invitation. I am very much in that group, and I will admit that I have checked out to see if others have received their invites and if there are any new staging dates list, about 20 times a day. What can I say I am just really excited to go!! One thing that I have noticed is that I have actually been waiting 7 months now since I finished every thing, which at times feels like twice that long, others it feels like yesterday.

Something that did get me through another week of waiting on pins and needles is that another post on PCJ by someone who just got her invite this week and is leaving in mid/late April.... ahhh getting closer and closer to May departures :) I just have to keep the mind set that they will get to me soon...

To pass the time me and my dad started to bet on what day I will get my invite (which as of midnight the 18th I loose, damn!)... I got my lightweight computer fixed so I don't have to get a brand new one, and can trash it even more than my senior thesis did.

On a non-PC related topic this week we had a massive wind storm in the NW! (One thing that I am going to secretly miss, that and earthquakes) I will post pictures later, but for two hours we got 65mph winds, two tree across the road, no power, and some wind damage at home.... It was fun until I tried to drive in it!

Till next time, and if any one from May health ex. SSA group has heard anything I could really use a fix, LOL....

-J

1 comments:

Helen McGuirk said...

I am getting very anxious Jackie! I haven't heard anything (I wish I had something more to say). They've sent out invites for September, so I just keep telling myself "any day now..." I just want to know who has that Kenya invite :) Hang in there

-helen

Post a Comment