Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I didn't know that Honduras is in Africa?!?!

Ok.... So I get an email today from my placement officer, and I was like Yesssss, I am finally hearing back from someone about my placement! I'm at work so I'm just skimming the email and it goes on to say something like '... there is another health program leaving in mid-June, going to Central/South America.... you down for that?'....

...First, that would be just as amazing as going to Africa, like I told them in the interview, I don't care where I go, I just want to go.... Then it hit me... Wait what?!?!?!?! South or Central America?? Sweet, I'm down... I'm ready to go... its only like two weeks later than I was going to be leaving for Africa....

I'm not really surprised as to this latest development, I have known lots of people to be going one place and not the place that they were originally going.... I still don't have my invite but I have a feeling that I will be getting it soon.... There are three countries that are posted right now leaving mid-June, Ecuador, Honduras, Peru..... we shall see, ill keep you updated....

-J

0 comments:

Post a Comment